The only exception is in technical writing or scientific journals, where the headlines are often written after the article is finished and are designed solely to summarize its contents. But even in this case, if the headlines are effective—if they capture the imagination—they will sell more copies of the journal.
The basic principles for writing
Effective headlines are essentially the same whether you are writing for Madison Avenue, a small-town newspaper, or a direct mail package.
The following are some India Phone Number tips for writing headlines that will grab attention:
- Use strong, active verbs (Examples: accelerate your business growth; harness the power of data; optimize for success; generate more leads; reduce your carbon footprint; improve customer loyalty)
Make sure your headline is relevant to the product.
- Use specific numbers and statistics whenever possible.
- Use keyword phrases that readers are likely to search for.
- Use incentive phrases to encourage people to read more.
- Keep it short and to the point.
- Make sure the headlines are consistent with the body copy.